Friday, December 5, 2008

A Conflict of Emotions... Or Just Plain Exhaustion.


Ugh, today was a longgg day...and it's only 1:38 p.m. here.
Last night I had a mind numbing headache, so at precisely 11:05 p.m. I decided it was time for bed to try and sleep it off - especially since I knew I had to be up at 7:30 to get to work by 8 a.m. So I honestly think I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
Unfortunately, my roommate (not the same one who is going to Spain next semester - she is 100% courteous, always), stumbled in at 1:45 a.m., and made the most noise I have ever heard. The door slammed shut, she threw down a box she had, dropped something else, fumbled around with her keys for what felt like a half hour - so obviously, I was woken up.
My problem is that once my body gets a decent amount of sleep, like the hour and 45 minutes ish that I got, it takes me a very, very, very long time to get back to sleep. So now, it's 1:45, I have to be up in less then 6 hours, and I'm wide awake. And down below me (our beds are bunked), my roommate is texting, on her computer (who knew typing could be so freaking loud!), and moving back and forth, just tossing and turning. Finally, I asked her, "Can you sleep?" which is possibly the dumbest question ever, because if she could sleep, I doubt she'd be doing all the things I mentioned above that she was doing. So, as I already knew, she answered that no she could not sleep, and wanted to know if I would mind if she put Friends on.
Since I was already awake, and saw no signs of sleep in my future I agreed.
I seriously forgot how funny Friends is. I think it's one of those shows that I can watch over and over and still love it. So we watched Friends until 3:30, and I was juuust about falling asleep - I think I was in that in between stage, when her phone goes off. I swear, I have NEVER heard a phone that loud before!! It legit sounded like she had her phone hooked up to speakers.
So needless to say, it took me quite a while to get back to sleep - I gave up looking at my phone because I was just feeling depressed about how little sleep I was going to get.

When my alarm went off this morning, it honestly scared me half to death. Usually, I wake up like 2 minutes before my alarm goes off, and I'm able to kind of stretch out a little, turn my alarm onto vibrate so it doesn't scare me...not this morning - I slept right until the alarm, and had to run out of my room towards my car so that I would get to my job on time!!

It blows my mind that little kids have so, so, so much energy... I babysit, and I got there at 8 a.m. this morning. Even though in my heart I knew they wouldn't be tired, I kind of like to lie to myself and say "Well, maybe they'll be so, so tired this morning, that all they will want to do is just lounge around and entertain themselves." This is NEVER the case - ever. This morning when I arrived at their house and rang the doorbell, I immediately heard the 5-year-old screaming "Allison's here! She's here!", and while it is the cutest thing ever, this morning it just made me yawn because I knew I would have to be on my A game, on little sleep.
It ended up being fun - we played hide and go seek, draw a TON of pictures (I had to draw a picture of Margaret as a princess in a jungle - she helped me chose the colors for her dress and crown), had a snack, and played soccer inside. It was exhausting.

I really don't mean to complain so much - I'm sure that my day wasn't half as bad as a lot of other people's!! I just don't function well with little sleep - I think I need wayyy too much sleep, if anything!

*~*

Tonight, I'm going to my old youth leader's house .... in youth group back in high school, we had big group meetings on Sunday nights, with everyone all together, and then we had small groups, that met throughout the week. The O's were my small group leaders. They lived about 10 minutes from my house, and were just so much fun. I was in their small group from 8th grade until 11th grade, when they moved to Pennsylvania. I was really sad, especially because I was so close to J, the wife. She and I would go out to the movies, we would cook together, just talk and hang out...when I went through tough times, like after my father died, or when my best friend died, she was who I would go to.
The school that I go to is 20 minutes from the O's house in PA! It's such a blessing to go over there, sleep in a comfy bed I don't have to climb up a ladder to get into, do some laundry and just RELAX!
So I'm really, really, really excited to be going there tonight!!!
So I'm exhausted, excited, frustrated, annoyed, happy, cold, and amazed. A complete conflict of emotions.


Do you guys have any fun plans for tonight???


Oh, p.s. Amy, I LOVEEE to dip my fries from Wendy's in my Frosty!! It's absolutely the perfect combo of salty and sweet :) I don't think that's too weird though...just delicious! And Jocelyn, I'm not sure how I feel about peanut butter in milk...I'm not a huge milk fan though, that might be why. I do LOVE peanut butter though, and I eat it by the spoonful when I'm at home. And Christine, your snack sounds...interesting. I might just try it - you never know, right??

*~*

When I was at the Cape, my mom wanted to go antique-ing with me. I wanted to spend some time with her so I agreed. After the twenty-fifth antique store, I was antiqued out. She said we would go to one last one - her favorite on the whole Cape, and then head home, so I agreed. It was the coolest place EVER. It was called the Gristmill Gallery, and it was a restored house that this husband and wife had converted into an antique gallery.
This was my favorite part:
Vintage dresses

Vintage closet1


J'adore vintage fashion!!

Sorry this post is insanely long. I guess I just have a LOT on my mind!!

2 comments:

•¦Amy¦• said...

Like you, I can't function on small ammounts of sleep. I don't know how you did it today! My problem is that my body just won't go to sleep before midnight anymore...so getting up early is always an annoyance.

Mmm. It is yummy! Funny story about that too. The first time I met my cousins we went out to Wendy's ('cause their Grandpa is just in love with the place lol), and we all dipped our fries in our frosty's at the same time! We're like, "We ARE related!". Haha.

Oh, I love antique browsing, and shopping. The clothes are cheap, and sometimes you find really neat items. For me though the big thing about those stores is the vinyl. I have a record player, so whenever I see vinyl that's in good condition I jump for it!

Jocelyn said...

Awesome! I love vintage shops too! But I am never adventurous enough to buy anything and bring it back into style! And Allison you should totally try the strawberries in sour cream and brown sugar it's way good! Sorry about your roomates, that's never very fun when you can't sleep due to someone else...
I hope that you have fun tonight I'm glad you get to see J again, I love reuniting with people you haven't seen in a while :)