Wednesday, December 31, 2008

'09 Resolutions.

So, this is officially my last post until 2009!
What a crazy and immensely fulfilling year it has been, though full of ups and downs.. my heart has been broken, I have lost people I deeply cared about, I've been able to soul search and realize how strong I am, and I have found that the friendships I have are those worth keeping for the rest of my life.

I always suck at making resolutions... I usually don't find any reason to keep them, and end up breaking them in record time. So this year, I'm not going to lie to myself and make resolutions I could never keep - they're going to be doable resolutions, where I can be motivated to keep them. So here is what I have thought of so far:

1. Don't get upset over little things. So many times, I just pick at the little things, and end up getting so stressed/frustrated. Rather than do that, I really want to focus on the bigger issues that really are deserving of my time and energy!

2. Go to the gym consistently, at least 3 times a week for an hour. I always feel so good about myself when I work out, but find myself making excuses for why I can't go. I definitely need to get over this, and make time in my schedule to get in gear and work out more consistently! :)

3. Be smarter with my money. Sure, I do love clothes, and overly expensive footwear, but I'd rather have some money than blow a whole paycheck on a fierce pair of white Christian Louboutin pumps. I want to be able to save the money that I have and make goals of things I want to buy (like a new Nikon D80 for my trip to China this summer).

4. Follow my passions and make time for them. In between studying and working, I rarely find time to pursue my passions like painting and cooking...I definitely want to be able to clear some time for just me to do the things I love! :)

5. Not to be so critical of my friends. They all have their faults, sure, but so do I. When I get frustrated with my friends (especially CH, AS and T) I just start thinking of all the things I dislike about their personalities, which makes me so bitchy towards them. They're all incredible people, and they're my friends for a reason. Each one has been there for me and helped me deal with things that I could not handle on my own.
Like CH - after I learned about my dear friend Carol, who I spent 2 months doing charity work in Africa with, had died in a sudden car accident in October, CH spent hours with me just hugging me, making sure I was okay, and taking my mind off things. She wrote the most lovely notes to me just encouraging me and making sure I was okay. I need to focus more on the good things like that, and not get so freaking upset about what is currently going on in the moment.

6. To keep blogging! I was skeptical about it at first - what if no one read my blog, or hated it, or thought what I had to see was stupid... but you've all been tres fantastic, and I thank you all for your support! You're fabulous ♥



What are some of your resolutions?!



Well, I'm off now - we're currently in my aunt's apartment in the city getting ready to go out!!! My dear friend AK is a fabulous event planner in NYC, who helped us make fantastic NYE plans at a hot NYC lounge.
I hope all of you have fantastic NYE plans. You're all fantastic, and I only wish the best for you for New Years!

Oh, and T wishes you all a Happy New Year as well :)


HAPPY NEW YEARS (from moi and T):
DSCI0619

Times Square yesterday:
DSCI0626

9 comments:

Aren said...

Eek! I know! It's nearly ten hours into '09 now! =) Haha, that's always what I always end up doing for New Years resolutions, I make them unobtainable or make them in broad catagories like "Good Health" or "Good Education", they weren't specific.

Going to the gym is one of mine too. I want to get into shape for soccer and track, following this winter. And when I excersise, I feel this satisfaction I have with myself. Heh, I need to be careful as with money as well. Sometimes I'm gulliable and end up buying something I have no use for. But my guilty pleasure are shoes. xD I really need to keep up with my blogging as well. =)

I really had a couple of the same resolutions, like spend less money on clothing/shoes, go to the gym more, research colleges, and find a job. =)

You went to Times Square! Ah, yo, I'm jealous! It must've been amazing. Was it?

- Aren

Susanna-Cole said...

Really loved your resolutions, some great ones on that list! :)

I'm not really making many resolutions this year, just one: to live passionately, and thoughtfully. To not just let things happen to me, but to be active in making my life happen. :)

Anyway, thanks for your comment, you're so sweet, and I'm so happy to hear you like my blog! Blessings to you in the new year! <3

xoxo,
S-C

dapper kid said...

Happy New Year dear :) What a beautiful list of resolutions :) I've never really made resolutions to be honest, but I always tell myself that I have to spend more time with the people I love and remember to smile at strangers.

Couture Carrie said...

These are excellent (and accomplish-able) resolutions - great work!

Here's hoping your 2009 is fashionably fabulous, darling Allison!

xoxox,
CC

Jocelyn said...

man allison, you make me look so lame! I don't know whay my resolutions are. Ever year I make them but i always forget what they are. I think I need to like write them on my mirror or something so i see them every day and can remember them! How was new york, i wish i could have gone to some chic party.

Nicole Linette said...

Happy New Years, Allison! Good riddance to you for oh nine :) Times Square must have been wonderfully insane, except freezing too! I watched Dick Clark count down with my friends on TV, haha.

Those are really, really good New Years resolutions. I haven't really made any, but if I did, I almost want to say that they would mirror yours ! I hope you don't mind =:X. I hope it all works out.

peace&love
nicole.

•¦Amy¦• said...

'09! Woohoo!

Definately keep that resolution about blogging!

My resolution last year was to not make a resolution...I think it's different this time 'round haha.

Savvy Mode SG said...

happy 2009!

♥ fashion chalet said...

Your comment was so completely flattering, wow, thank you, darling.

Happy 'O9! x

Sheer tights are the best for their comfortable fit yet stylish look, no? Plus, they let you breathe!! :)

I like that headband.