So, this is officially my last post until 2009!
What a crazy and immensely fulfilling year it has been, though full of ups and downs.. my heart has been broken, I have lost people I deeply cared about, I've been able to soul search and realize how strong I am, and I have found that the friendships I have are those worth keeping for the rest of my life.
I always suck at making resolutions... I usually don't find any reason to keep them, and end up breaking them in record time. So this year, I'm not going to lie to myself and make resolutions I could never keep - they're going to be doable resolutions, where I can be motivated to keep them. So here is what I have thought of so far:
1. Don't get upset over little things. So many times, I just pick at the little things, and end up getting so stressed/frustrated. Rather than do that, I really want to focus on the bigger issues that really are deserving of my time and energy!
2. Go to the gym consistently, at least 3 times a week for an hour. I always feel so good about myself when I work out, but find myself making excuses for why I can't go. I definitely need to get over this, and make time in my schedule to get in gear and work out more consistently! :)
3. Be smarter with my money. Sure, I do love clothes, and overly expensive footwear, but I'd rather have some money than blow a whole paycheck on a fierce pair of white Christian Louboutin pumps. I want to be able to save the money that I have and make goals of things I want to buy (like a new Nikon D80 for my trip to China this summer).
4. Follow my passions and make time for them. In between studying and working, I rarely find time to pursue my passions like painting and cooking...I definitely want to be able to clear some time for just me to do the things I love! :)
5. Not to be so critical of my friends. They all have their faults, sure, but so do I. When I get frustrated with my friends (especially CH, AS and T) I just start thinking of all the things I dislike about their personalities, which makes me so bitchy towards them. They're all incredible people, and they're my friends for a reason. Each one has been there for me and helped me deal with things that I could not handle on my own.
Like CH - after I learned about my dear friend Carol, who I spent 2 months doing charity work in Africa with, had died in a sudden car accident in October, CH spent hours with me just hugging me, making sure I was okay, and taking my mind off things. She wrote the most lovely notes to me just encouraging me and making sure I was okay. I need to focus more on the good things like that, and not get so freaking upset about what is currently going on in the moment.
6. To keep blogging! I was skeptical about it at first - what if no one read my blog, or hated it, or thought what I had to see was stupid... but you've all been tres fantastic, and I thank you all for your support! You're fabulous ♥
What are some of your resolutions?!
Well, I'm off now - we're currently in my aunt's apartment in the city getting ready to go out!!! My dear friend AK is a fabulous event planner in NYC, who helped us make fantastic NYE plans at a hot NYC lounge.
I hope all of you have fantastic NYE plans. You're all fantastic, and I only wish the best for you for New Years!
Oh, and T wishes you all a Happy New Year as well :)
HAPPY NEW YEARS (from moi and T):
Times Square yesterday:
Architectural Inspiration: Gorgeous Green
3 hours ago