Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Magic of PostSecret

I can't lie - I am obsessed with PostSecret.

For those of you who don't know about the magic of PostSecret, it's pretty simple. A man named Frank Warren decided to have people send him anonymous postcards with their deepest, darkest secrets on them. The postcards people send are absolutely beautiful... they are decorated so creatively, sometimes with actual photographs of people, sometimes with paintings, inspirational words, whatever someone is feeling.
Usually there are a few that are pretty amusing, others will absolutely break your heart.

Every Sunday, Frank Warren will post new secrets, and I swear I wait with anticipation every week for the new ones to come up! I check back frequently throughout the week, hoping that maybe Frank forgot, and that he possibly put up new secrets by Wednesday. [It never ends up happening this way].

Each postcard is like a mini piece of art... I like to try and picture who wrote the postcards, and what they're going through...sometimes it's just too tragic though.

I think one of the best parts of PostSecret is that you can read over people's secrets and think "I'm glad SOMEONE else out there feels that way too!"
Take a look for yourself at PostSecret.

These are a few examples of the creativity that goes into these postcards.

Photobucket

I think this one is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen:
Photobucket

Like I said, some just break your heart.
Photobucket


Have you ever heard of PostSecret?

All photos are part of Post Secret.

No comments: